2013 is sure to bring some of the most exciting racing ever to RPM Speedway! We have a diversified schedule, packed with huge events throughout the racing season.
Starting with the February 23rd '$17,000 Grand Re-Opening Blowout' and Pre-Race Party (open to all), the season resumes with Friday night racing every week from March 29th through August 16th. We then will take a 'back to school' break and come back with the '$27,000 RPM Speedway Championships', which is certain to be a wild and exciting night of racing.
The 2013 season will wrap up with the RPM Nationals on October 11-12. Details of this event will be announced during the race season.
RPM Speedway points divisions for 2013 are the USRA Modifieds, Limited Modifieds, Street Stocks and Factory Stocks. The RaceSaver Sprints will have 12 points races as well. Generally speaking, on the nights the RaceSaver Sprints are off, we will be having special events for racing divisions such as the Texas Wing Modified Association, Lone Star Dwarf Car Club, Southern Topless Economy Modifieds; and more. The finalized 2013 schedule will be released in January.
Gates typically will open on Friday nights at 6pm, with hot laps at 8pm. We plan to run a very efficient program so fans and teams can be on their way home at a decent time each and every week.
RPM SPEEDWAY RAIN-OUT POLICY:
In the event of a rain delay, we will make every attempt to get the scheduled program completed. However, if the weather causes us to stop racing for the rest of the night, the following policies apply:
IF ALL OF THE HEAT RACES HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETED: your ticket stub will be accepted to the next regularly scheduled racing event.
IF ALL HEAT RACES ARE COMPLETED, it is considered a complete racing program. There are no refunds given for tickets purchased.
If you're new to RPM Speedway, there are several important things to know - which will make your experience much more pleasurable, so make sure to familiarize yourself with the following:
- If you plan to get close to the action and go into the competitor pit area, if any person with you is under the age of 18, that person must submit a completed minor's release form to the pit window prior to admittance. The form will be posted on this page soon. It must be notarized before coming to the track.
- Racing is very exciting and competitive, so there are times that on-track action may lead to vocal excitement in the grandstands. Just be aware that on any given night there are hundreds of children in the grandstands, so please conduct yourself accordingly; and keep verbal abuse/swearing of drivers to a minimum.
- The schedule page is updated on occasion throughout the season, so make sure to visit it often.
- Make sure to check out the souvenir stand! There you will find RPM branded apparel, racing programs and much more - at very affordable prices.
- In the event of rain or threatening weather, please reference www.RPMSpeedwayTX.com prior to coming to the track and it will be updated with the latest information on the event status.
- During the races, we suggest that you stay seated and that you get up or return to your seat during a yellow or red flag; or between races. That way, you are not interfering with the viewing of the race to your fellow race fans. Also, all fans must stay way from the fence while cars are on the track, for safety reasons.
- Currently, we do allow fans to bring in a small drink cooler inside the grandstand area, as a convenience. However, please restrict them to the size of a 6-pack. No contents can be in glass containers. No large coolers are allowed and they will not be allowed in.
Enjoy your visit to RPM Speedway and we hope you can make it your weekend family entertainment choice for the years to come!